(kree at' i neen).
Creatinine contains NLT 98.5% and NMT 102.0% of C4H7N3O, as Creatinine, calculated on the dried basis.
Sample: 40 mg of Creatinine
(See Titrimetry 541.)
Mode: Direct titration
Titrant: 0.1 N perchloric acid VS
Endpoint detection: Potentiometric
Indicator electrode: Glass
Reference electrode: Silversilver chloride
Reference electrode solution: Saturated lithium perchlorate and silver chloride in glacial acetic acid
Analysis: Dissolve the Sample in 10 mL of glacial acetic acid. Titrate the Sample with 0.1 N perchloric acid VS. Perform a blank determination, and make any necessary correction.
Calculate the percentage of creatinine (C4H7N3O) in the Sample taken:
Result = [(V B) × N × F × 100]/W
Acceptance criteria: 98.5%102.0% on the dried basis
• Residue on Ignition 281: NMT 0.2%
• Heavy Metals, Method I 231: 10 ppm
• Loss on Drying 731: Dry a sample at 105 for 3 h: it loses NMT 3.0% of its weight.
• Packaging and Storage: Preserve in well-closed containers.
• USP Reference Standards 11
Auxiliary Information Please check for your question in the FAQs before contacting USP.
USP35NF30 Page 1773