(kor'' ee an' der oyl).
Coriander Oil is the volatile oil obtained by steam distillation from the dried ripe fruit of Coriandrum sativum L. (Fam. Apiaceae).
• Heavy Metals, Method II 231: NMT 40 ppm
• Specific Gravity 841: Between 0.863 and 0.875
• Optical Rotation, Angular Rotation 781A: Between +8 and +15
• Refractive Index 831: Between 1.462 and 1.472 at 20
• Solubility in 70% Alcohol: One volume dissolves in 3 volumes of 70% alcohol.
• Packaging and Storage: Preserve in tight, light-resistant containers, protect from light, and store at controlled room temperature. Avoid exposure to excessive heat.
• Labeling: The label states the Latin binomial and, following the official name, the part of the plant source from which the article was derived.
Auxiliary Information Please check for your question in the FAQs before contacting USP.
USP35NF30 Page 1764Pharmacopeial Forum: Volume No. 28(5) Page 1464