(kar' da mom oyl).
Cardamom Oil is the volatile oil distilled from the seed of Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton var. cardamomum (Fam. Zingiberaceae).
• Arsenic, Method II 211: NMT 3 µg/g
• Lead 251
Diluted standard lead solution: 10 mL
Analysis: Proceed as directed in the chapter.
Acceptance criteria: NMT 10 µg/g
• Heavy Metals, Method II 231: NMT 40 µg/g
• Specific Gravity 841: 0.9170.947
• Optical Rotation, Angular Rotation 781A: +22 to +44
• Refractive Index 831: 1.4631.466 at 20
• Solubility in 70% Alcohol: One volume dissolves in 5 volumes of 70% alcohol.
• Packaging and Storage: Preserve in tight, light-resistant containers.
• Labeling: The label states the Latin binomial and, following the official name, the part of the plant source from which the article was derived.
Auxiliary Information Please check for your question in the FAQs before contacting USP.
USP35NF30 Page 1741Pharmacopeial Forum: Volume No. 27(4) Page 2791